Tuesday 29 January 2008

Evaluation

Evaluation
In this animation brief we were required to produce an animation that establishes a relationship between two characters. I decided to use Maya seen as I wanted to gain the basic skills required to use the programme. I chose to do a sort of family scene. It consists of a dad spaceman, and a mum and child. There are other families as well, the main issue I had when making them is how to differentiate between them, both male and female and family groups. I decided to solve this issue by creating a different hairstyle simply long for female short for male, and then I decided to use the same colour hair for each family unit to tell them apart. I made a space station as the main housing unit and the main scenery for the animation to take place. A also created a space ship, the general idea was the dad has to go on a mission, everyone says goodbye, kisses wife then goes gets in the ship then flies off. As I was making it I discovered that well firstly the space station was more of collection of accidental modelling rather than something intentional, but this makes it better because the shape is more space age looking than anything I could of made in the time. There were a few other issues like how do I make the dad get in the ship…I chose to make him “teleport” (disappear) seen as to make something open would have been too hard for the skills I have at the moment. I think my piece turned out well, the modelling is especially nice, but due to the fact I spent so long on it the animation suffered slightly. I feel as though I could produce a realistically weighted animation but in order to do this I will have to manage my time far better and spend less time modelling.

No comments: